Minor Skin Operation
- All operations are undertaken as an outpatient procedure.
- All operations are carried out under a local anaesthetic.
- You will be awake during the operation, but the area being operated on will be numb so that you should feel no discomfort.
- You will be able to drive yourself home, unless otherwise advised.
- Local anaesthesia is usually effective for 2 hours, after which a little discomfort may be present. If necessary, 2 Paracetamol tablets may be taken every 6 hours.
- If stitches are used you will be advised when and where they should be removed. They will usually be removed after 5 – 10 days.
- Do not smoke. Even one cigarette adversely affects wound healing and increases the risks for infection.
- If you have any specific questions or concerns please discuss with Dr Banfield.
Important: all skin operations will leave a scar